The first time I tried cooking chicken thighs over the stove, I became an instant convert. Not only is it super easy, but combined with the right flavours it is SO DELICIOUS! Since then, I’ve been experimenting with different sauces, and my most recent concoction has been my now famous pineapple chicken 🍍🍗.
My friends once came over after I had made this for dinner, and they were eating the leftovers out of the pan like savages 😂 (ok, I may or may not have also taken part in the feast). They’ve been begging me to post the recipe up ever since.
8 skinless chicken thighs
1 cup roughly diced pineapple
⅓ cup finely diced pineapple (should be small bite-sized pieces)
Juice from 1 ½ lemons
3 tbsp honey
2” piece of ginger, grated
2 tbsp coconut aminos (or 1 tbsp soy sauce)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients except the chicken and 1/3 cup pineapple in either a blender, or a large bowl and mix with an immersion blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pat chicken thighs dry, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add a couple tbsp oil (coconut oil works well here) to a large skillet and fry chicken thighs for 3-5 mins each side, or until they are nicely browned.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Turn the heat to med-low and cook covered for 15-20 mins, turning chicken and adding the 1/3 cup diced pineapple half-way.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and serve with rice and your favourite veggie.